Sunday 5 February 2012

Consumed By Technology




This is an outcome that I produced as part of my Art A-Level. It represents the consummation of urban environments by technology. I replicated the architectural structures of urban environments by taking apart 4 computer and keyboards in order to obtain the innards, such as hard drives, motherboards, fans and other drives. The colour combinations, I feel, reflect the bright neon lights within a city environment and the external wiring used replicates underground and travel services. Each technological detail reflects a building of some sort, not necessarily a famous one, but one of some structure and value to a city. The piece took me approximately 12 hours to produce and is mounted onto an A1 photo frame reinforced by a lot of 'No More Nails'.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...